It’s very important and affectto the lifespan of batteries.
If End-users use the charger has a low charging current, the charging time will increase, it makes the overcharging. Otherwise, if End-users use the charger has a high charging current, the charging time will not be enough, the undercharging happens.
The table as bellow, this is the specification of KSBC charger – official supplier GS Yuasa, it gives us an example of choose the suitable charger based on battery capacity:
#: The value of input voltage (2 or 4):
2: 3 phase, 200 V AC series (200 V/210 V/220 V/230 V)
4: 3 phase, 400 V AC series (340 V/360 V/380 V/400 V/420 V/440 V/460 V)
If the available chargers of End-user are not matched with specification as above. End-users consider to purchase or borrow chargers as battery manufacturer’s requirements.
II – The right charging operation
Chargers have 2 mode of charging: normal and equalizing. End-users contact to supplier to identify the right its starting way. In this content, we use these pictures in Operation Guide of KSBC.
1. Normal charging
Ensure the connection between charger and battery, press the starting button. Base on the voltage of battery, charger will supply the current until full-charged.
2. Equalizing charging
After 3 ~ 4 week of using, there is a small difference of voltage and Sp.G in single cells, we need to use the equalizing charging at that time.
Base on the working capacity, we can change the frequency of equalizing charging. Contact to supplierconsultant.
3. Some remarks in before, during and after charging
- Check the input voltage of charger:
o 3 phase, 200 V AC series (200 V/210 V/220 V/230 V)
o 3 phase, 400 V AC series (340 V/360 V/380 V/400 V/420 V/440 V/460 V)
- Check the electrolyte level:
- Consider using the distilled water of GS for filling in case lack of electrolyte
- Ensure the connection is completely
- Temperature of electrolyte is not over 55oC
- The vent plug should not open.
- Charging area need to be well ventilated, prevented from any activity that causes spark or fire or electrostatic.
- Battery should have time to decrease the temperature (35 ~ 45oC)
- Ensure battery achieves full-charged status in every time.
- Do not charge in break time of working shift. If yes, please make sure batteries get the full-charged or End-users need some back-up batteries for operation.
III – Remarks
- Do not use manual charger instead of automatic charger
- Do not use a charger for many batteries with the different capacity
- Checking the charger (1 time/year) to ensure its ability
- Stop charging immediately when occurring smoke or temperature exceed 55oC
- Do not repair charger or replace spare part without permission from charger manufacturer.